Monday, April 18, 2011

A Nose By Any Other Name



Illustration By: Annelise Capossela



The problem in place,
Is as plain as the nose on my face.
It is broken and brittle and moved out of place,
And so for a solution, I chased.

Doc,"Tell me that you can, with ease"
"Make it possible for me to breathe?"
He asked how did this happen?
I thought back and decided,
It was the day the skateboard and my face had collided.

I was four, maybe five, on that fateful day,
And I decided I wanted to play.
On the skateboard that my daddy had,
And oh, did that turn out BAD.

I sat down and he said to me,"Hold on tight!"
And pulled me back to get some momentum,
Then my head jerked back,
And my face went SPLAT!
And it has never been the same since then.

And so Doc said, "We must do surgery,"
"To get your nose back to the way,
 it's supposed to be."

And so three days from now,
I will finally see,
How it feels,
 To REALLY BREATHE!

I am a little nervous so wish me LUCK,







2 comments:

  1. good luck honey...you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All will go well and you will have what you want. Best wishes and prayers to you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete